(This is part 1 of a 2 part post. To see part 2 of this post, click here)
Both new and experienced clients go through it. You’ve got your Pitch Page created, you’ve got an awesome product lined up that your customers are going to love, hey, you’ve even ready to pull the trigger on your promotions. There’s just one thing that stands in your way. You still need to get your product approved by ClickBank!
If you have a product you’d like to sell through ClickBank, the idea of navigating the product approval process can seem stressful. If you’ve been through the process before, you may have struggled with your wording being just right, your sales and conversion claims being legit, pricing being “reasonable” . . .
Well you’re in luck, because the purpose of this two-part article is to make your life through the product approval process a whole lot easier. I spent over 5 years on the Product Approval team here at ClickBank, reviewing 50 or more products every day. So let’s just say I have a little experience with what it takes to come out victorious on the other side of product approval. The tips I provide will ensure that your product and website are reviewed and approved by our Business Services team as quickly as possible.
Before You Submit
Tip #1: Ensure your product is within our guidelines.
ClickBank accepts a wide variety of products in all kinds of niches. However, there are certain kinds of products we are unable to accept. Make sure you review our product requirements before you create your website and submit your product for approval. You can review these requirements here. If you are unsure if your product is something we can accept, please feel free to contact us directly.
Tip #2: Have your product ready for review.
Sometimes clients submit products for review when the products are not yet complete. Your product must be complete and available to our Business Services team to review. If your product is still being worked on, wait until it is finished before you submit it to ClickBank for approval.
Tip #3: Make sure your Pitch Page and Thank You Page meet our requirements.
It’s a long article, but definitely take the time to review the Knowledge Base article on creating your first product – https://support.clickbank.com/entries/22806357-Creating-Your-First-Product.
Many mistakes that delay a product from being approved are addressed in this article. Here are the most common ones:
- Fully review our Vendor Promotional Guideline Policy. You can see it here. This policy includes information on how to properly pitch your product and techniques that are unacceptable.
- Make sure your refund policy is for 60 days. This is ClickBank’s policy.
- Your Pitch Page should be clear about what your product is, what customers get, and how it will be delivered.
- Give customers your contact information on both your Pitch Page and Thank You Page.
- Be clear about your product’s price.
- On your Thank You Page, remind customers that they will be billed by CLKBANK*COM.
- On your Thank You Page, give customers clear instructions on how to access the product they bought.
In the next post, I’ll discuss how to submit the product for approval and how you’ll communicate with our Business Services team during the process.